Steve “Groot” Groothuis, CTO of Samtec Microelectronics, recently presented “Biomedical Solutions: Successfully Integrating New Chips, Packages, and Modules” at BIOMEDevice in Boston.
The presentation included an overview of:
- How Samtec microelectronics are incorporated into medical devices and diagnostic equipment
- Glass Core Technology (GCT), a proprietary process that leverages the performance benefits of glass by creating small diameter, fine pitch Through-Glass Vias (TGVs) that are metalized and hermetically sealed
- Samtec Microelectronics capabilities
What’s The Video About?
The video above is Steve’s overview of how Samtec Microelectronics has provided packaging services for medical devices and medical diagnostic equipment over the past 20 years. Examples of products include:
- DNA sequencing devices containing microfluidic features
- Implantable, foldable neuromodulation devices
- Implantable blood pressure sensor (cardiac)
- Implantable optical prosthesis (retinal)
- Implantable audio sensor (ear)
- Miniaturization of endoscope on Connector
- Miniaturization of ultrasound imager
- Miniaturization of MRI sensor
BTW, if you’ve never heard Groot (Steve) speak, given his name, you’ll notice his tendency to frequently repeat one phrase.
Samtec Microelectronics Group
The Samtec Microelectronics Group brings a unique blend of signal integrity and advanced IC packaging expertise to provide full channel system support.
Capabilities include precision die attach, fine pitch and low profile wirebond, flip chip, underfill and stacked die, complete IC-to-board design, support and manufacturing of IC packaging, glass and traditional substrates, and micro optical engines.
As requirements for smaller, faster, and more integrated microelectronics increase, the challenges designers face intensify exponentially. Samtec is able to address these issues with industry-leading microelectronics and high-speed interconnect expertise, providing innovative products, technologies and strategies for next generation IC packaging, MEMS, sensors, biomedical packaging, and IoT demands.
Other links that might be of interest include:
- Samtec Microelectronics
- Samtec Microelectronics Application Design Guide
- Glass Core Technology Design Guidelines
- Samtec Optical Group
- High-Speed Cable Plant
- Advanced Interconnect Design Group
- Signal Integrity Group
- Teraspeed Consulting
- Samtec Worldwide Footprint
Contact the Samtec Microelectronics experts for any additional support you may need.