Between overdue books, too many “Quiet Please” signs to count, and trying to navigate the Dewey Decimal System, going to the library is never much fun. The same feeling is often true when searching for technical documentation before, during, or after the design process. Scouring page after page can prove frustrating, and answers are hard to find. We are out to change that.
Besides our wide variety of connectors and cable assemblies, Samtec also strives to provide the needed technical support to the engineers, PCB designers, and manufacturers who rely on our products. Our Technical Library is an example of this support. This section of our website focuses not only on Samtec products but also on the interconnect world as a whole.
Just a Click Away…
Before getting into the details of what this section offers, it may be a good idea to explain how to find it.
Under the “Support” tab on samtec.com (in the upper right hand corner, near the search box), you will notice a section dedicated to “Tools and Technical Resources” which contains a Documentation group. All of this information makes up our collective Technical Library. Application Notes, White Papers, Technical Documents, Presentations, Press Releases and videos are available to help keep you informed and up-to-date with what is happening at Samtec and assist with the design process.
You may ask yourself, “That sounds great, but what are they and how do I use them?” Let’s explore a few of these resources:
Navigating The Library
- Application Notes
- This section includes several Samtec presentations from various tradeshows and conventions.
- Technical Documents
- Similar to App Notes, this sub-category lists additional notes on product use as well as data sheets on a large variety of connectors.
- White Papers
- Perhaps one of the most diverse sections of the library, the Papers section highlights written works from both Samtec and other engineers.
As the series “More Than Just Connectors” develops, we will be further analyzing several of the technical resources available.
For additional support and a preview of what’s to come, see the information below:
- Customer Engineering Support
- Customer Service
- Future articles in the series will further discuss topics such as App Notes, utilizing White Papers, and which groups to contact for appropriate technical support.