Check out the new Samtec Optical Group video.
The Samtec Optical Group is an engineering team dedicated to the design, development and application support of high performance micro optical engines, active optical assemblies and high density ganged passive optical panel solutions.
Capable of 14 Gbps, 28 Gbps, and soon 56 Gbps, Samtec’s FireFly™ micro on-board optical engines occupy the smallest overall footprint, consume the least amount of power, and enable fast, easy, and low cost fiber termination.
Incorporating fiber optic solutions into high performance systems can help address growing demands for increased bandwidth, performance and density. However, with these ultra-high speed systems the rules of connectivity have also become more complex. Samtec provides full channel support for these systems via the expertise of the Samtec Optical Group, Signal Integrity Group, Teraspeed® Consulting, and Samtec Microelectronics.
Here’s how our man Andy Baxter sums it up in the video:
If you look at all of the interconnects that happen, we’ve got all of them. We can bring data in on the front panel. We can fly that to an IC. We can do the IC Packaging. We’ve got the advanced interconnect team to join that board to another. We’ve got electrical flyovers to go here and then we go back to silicon on the other side. It really is silicon to silicon.
Samtec Technology Centers:
- Advanced Interconnect Design: High precision stamping, plating, molding, and automated assembly for fine pitch and array interconnects used for board-to-board, interposers, backplane, and high speed/high density cable assemblies.
- High Speed Cable Plant: R&D and manufacturing of precision extruded micro coax and twinax cable used for high speed / high density cable assemblies, including 26-38 AWG, 50/75/85/100 ohm impedance, and systems rated at 28+ Gbps.
- Microelectronics / IC Packaging: Precision die attach, ultra-fine pitch and low profile wire bond, flip chip, underfill, and dam and encapsulation, complete IC-to-board design, and support and manufacturing of IC packaging, substrates, micro high density interposers and micro optical engines.
- Optical Group: Engineering team dedicated to the design, development, and application support of high performance micro optical engines, active optical assemblies, and high density ganged passive optical panel solutions.
- Signal Integrity Group: In-house signal integrity expertise for complex applications, with live EE support available 24/7 worldwide. Advanced design support including Differential Vias™ and routing recommendations using Tri-Planar™ trace technology.
- Teraspeed® Consulting: Signal integrity services team providing complete system design, full channel signal and power integrity analysis and modeling, thermal management, and signal integrity-optimized advanced IC packaging for 28+ Gbps and beyond.