Eric spoke with two of the worlds’ experts on high frequency electrical characterization of interconnects: Samtec’s own Jim Nadolny, our Principle SI Engineer, and Heidi Barnes, the ADS application engineering specialist with Keysight Technologies.
Heidi and Jim cover a lot of topics, from S-parameter behavior models, to paying attention to details of material properties, return path, PCB stack-up, and break out region (BOR) of the PCB, to name a few.
Eric’s blog is a relatively quick read, and always worthwhile.
Other links that may be of interest:
- Best Practices For Connector Models
- Be The Signal
- Signal Integrity Journal
- Eric Bogatin
- Samtec Signal Integrity Group
- Connector Selection Discussion For SI Interconnects
- High-Speed Board-to-Board Interconnects
- High-Speed Cable Assemblies
- 3D Models In Under A Minute, No Login Required
- Mechanical or Digital Samples? We Got ‘Em Both!