If you’re a regular user of Samtec.com, October was a great month for you!
We brought you some exciting new design tools, a major homepage refresh, and a couple of huge new pieces of content for you to devour.
Here are the major web updates for the month of October.
Solutionator 2.0 Continues to Evolve
In September, we brought you the all new release of our Solutionator tool, which is a parametric search tool designed to help you design your mated connector set in a minute or less.
This month we released several updates to this tool to continue to enhance your user experience.
Check them out below, and give it a try here: https://www.samtec.com/solutionator
- Updated the mated set modal window and the email Specs Kit to show semantic descriptions of each series
- Filter options by Samtec product hierarchy – Type, Category, Subcategory and Family (see additional filters)
- Easier access to Specs Kit email input field
- Updates to the instant 3D modeling tool to dynamically generate and deliver your models faster
- Added data grid full-screen view for easier filtering through large result sets
- Updates the main results data grid to add better separation and clickability for part numbers and the rest of the fields
- Updates to the Stack Height and Positions filter range filters for easier use
- Added the ability for you to expand, contract, and move each column in the data grid
- Share Solutionator URLs with a series appended (see this post for details)
- Custom “no results” messages to get you in touch with support faster if your search doesn’t produce a match
While we’re not finished with it yet, Solutionator 2.0 has quickly become a top 10 visited page on Samtec.com.
In the coming weeks, we’ll be adding the ability to place sample orders directly from the interface with an all-new innovative experience, as well as augmenting the available part number list.
These updates and more will continue to bring you a top-notch parametric search experience.
A New Homepage Experience, Built Just for You
You may have already noticed the recent update to the homepage of Samtec.com.
The new 1/2/1 approach allows direct paths to our most popular tools and resources:
- Direct access to the new Solutionator 2.0
- A quick path to our Silicon-to-Silicon microsite
- Visual connector selection via our popular Picture Search tool
- Our most recent blog content for you to consume
Of course, still accessible on the left are all of the web tools that you’ve come to rely on, as well the Search tool, and quick links to My Samtec at top of the site.
A New Wave of Content to Consume
Our product marketing and design teams have been hard at work on some major pieces of product literature for you. Check out the most recent print literature, also available digitally on our Literature page for instant download.
You can also request a physical copy on the same page.
New 2017 Interconnect Solutions Catalog
Samtec’s product catalog has been a staple of our product offering since our doors opened in 1976. The catalog has evolved from just a few pages and a few products into nearly 400 pages of full-color material.
Beyond product specifications, the latest version also includes an overview of our Silicon-to-Silicon Optimization services, a brief introduction to our new Glass Core Technology, and a summary of advances in our High Speed Backplanes, Twinax Flyovers, and Optics capabilities.
It also reviews the benefits of our next generation Samtec Reality App.
New 2016 Microelectronics Applications Design Guide
Released in October 2016, this visually stunning piece details our microelectronics solutions in three areas: Glass Core Technology, IC Packaging and Assembly, and System Level Solutions.
It also provides design rules and guidelines for several of our key IC packaging and assembly capabilities.
You’ll also find out how to get support from our Technology Centers, which specifically cater to technical challenges that arise during the system design and optimization process.
Stay Tuned for Future Updates
We’ve got several updates in the works that are coming soon, including an all new sample experience for Solutionator 2.0, a refreshed “About Samtec” experience, and an upgrade to the way you search for full part numbers.
Keep an eye out for those in the coming weeks. Moving forward, we’ll do one of these web updates each month to let you know what is new on Samtec.com.
Drop your email address on the form below if you want to stay in the loop with these as well as the rest of the content posted on The Samtec Blog.
If you have any feedback or suggestions for our web team, feel free to drop them an email at eHelpDesk@samtec.com.