The next generation of the Samtec Reality app combines all the great features of our two virtual product experiences – Augmented Reality and Virtual Product Explorer – into one amazing “super app” designed to provide an even more in-depth, user-friendly way to explore our latest technologies and products.
The new Samtec Reality app is now available from the Apple App Store for use with iPad Air or newer and with any iPhone 5 or newer. Already have the new app?
Click here to print the target for the AR feature!
So, you’re asking yourself: Which feature should I explore first? Augmented Reality (AR) or Virtual Reality (VR)?
It’s really up to you! Following is some information to help you decide. But in short, jump into AR first if you want an initial “Wow!” reaction with some product highlights. Then, jump over to VR for a more in-depth product review.
- The Augmented Reality (AR) feature allows you to examine rich 3D products in your environment, in real time, while providing a quick overview of the product’s key features and benefits. Simply point your device’s camera at the printed target* and rotate the target for a clear view of all sides, in mated and unmated positions, and more.
- The Virtual Reality (VR) feature displays a dynamic virtual product sample in the app environment, and allows you to view additional product details such as application ideas, product specifications and part numbers.
Current products available to explore in Samtec Reality include ExaMAX® High-Speed Backplane Systems, Z-Ray™ Ultra Low Profile Micro Interposers, SEARAY™ High-Density Open-Pin-Field Arrays, and FireFly™ Micro Flyover Copper & Optical Systems.
*How to Use the AR Feature:
- Click on the target image to download and print
- Click here to download the app from the App Store
- Open the app from your device (iPad Air or new, or iPhone 5 or newer)
- Point your device’s camera at the printed target
- Rotate, zoom, mate, unmate and explore!