The roll-out of 5G continues despite COVID-19. 5G system development moves on for any number of applications. These include Test and Measurement, Remote Radio Heads (RRHs) and Active Antenna Systems (AAS), Network Equipment and more.
The demand for data means design engineers need to quicken time to market. Modular system design provides peace of mind and commonalities from development to production for design-intensive 5G applications.
Avnet XRF16™ RFSoC System-on-Module
The newly-released Avnet XRF16™ RFSoC System-on-Module is designed for integration into deployed RF systems demanding small footprint, low power, and real-time processing.
The XRF16 features the Xilinx Zynq® UltraScale+™ RFSoC Gen 2, with 16 RF-ADC and 16 RF-DAC channels. It supports development up to 5 GHz.
Key features of the card include:
- 16x ADCs, 12-bit up to 2.220 GSPS
- 16x DACs, 14-bit up to 6.554 GSPS
- Quad-core Arm® Cortex®-A53 processing subsystem
- 1 GbE, PCIe Gen-2, SATA3.1, USB 2.0/3.0
- UltraScale+ programmable logic
- Phase coherent synchronous sampling across all converters and multiple boards
- 16x 28 Gbps serial links for 10/40/100 GbE, PCIe Gen 3×16, eCPRI and Aurora
For more information, please visit https://www.avnet.com/rfsocsom.
IsoRate® High-Isolation RF Connectors and Cables
The Avnet XRF16™ RFSoC SoM connects to the XRF Carrier Card. The combination of the two cards offers a complete platform for rapid prototyping of 5G systems.
RF signals break off of the XRF Carrier Card via Samtec’s IJ5 series 4.00 mm IsoRate® 50 Ohm High-Isolation RF Jack Strip. The card features four x8 single-ended connections.
The RF signals cab easily convert to SMA via Samtec’s IJ5H series 4.00 mm IsoRate® 50 Ohm High-Isolation Hybrid Ganged RF Cable Assemblies. These cables assemblies are easily customized, but offer short lead times.
As a family, IsoRate® High-Isolation RF Connectors and Cables offer substantial savings over traditional RF connectors at approximately half the cost.
Key features include:
- Half the cost of traditional RF at virtually the same performance
- Edge Rate® contacts for high-isolation
- 50 ohm board-to-board systems
- 50 ohm full ganged system or ganged with industry standard end 2 options
- Positive latching available
For more information, please visit www.samtec.com/isorate.
0.80 mm SEARAY™ High-Speed High-Density Open-Pin-Field Arrays
The XRF16 connects to the XRF Carrier Card via a number of Samtec 0.80 mm SEARAY™ High-Speed High-Density Open-Pin-Field Arrays. These offer up to 50% board space savings the same performance of similar arrays from Samtec.
Key features include:
- 0.80 mm (.0315″) pitch grid
- 50% board space savings versus .050″ (1.27 mm) pitch SEARAY™
- Performance: Up to 17.5 GHz / 35 Gbps
- Rugged Edge Rate® contact system
- Up to 500 I/Os
- 7 mm and 10 mm stack heights
- Solder charge terminations for ease of processing
- Samtec 28+ Gbps Solution
- Final Inch® certified for Break Out Region trace routing recommendations
For more information, please visit www.samtec.com/searay8.