If connector speed is a driver of industry growth, then Samtec is leading the pack. We offer not only the largest variety of high-speed board-to-board connectors, but we combine that with full engineering support, online tools and an unmatched service attitude to provide customers with a complete high-speed solution.
To support this product line, a new High-Speed Board-to-Board Application Design Guide has been released. This brochure is a great overview of all that Samtec offers in high-speed products, support and tools.
- Arrays – Includes SEARAY™ open-pin-field arrays with pin counts to 560, ultra-low profile compression one-pieces to super elevated 40 mm stack heights, and speeds up to 40 Gbps. Currently in development is a 56G high-speed performance array.
- Edge Rate® – Features Samtec’s Edge Rate® contact system, which is optimized for signal integrity performance to 28 Gbps, and stack height flexibility from 7 mm to 18 mm. New Edge Rate® HD multi-row strips are incredibly dense with up to 240 I/Os in a slim 5 mm width and low 5 mm profile.
- Ground Plane Connectors – The integral ground plane reduces crosstalk and coupling, and improves electrical performance. Low-profile, slim body and rugged versions are available for speeds to 28 Gbps.
- Ultra Micro Interconnects – Ultra-fine pitch, low-profile and slim body designs for significant board space savings and performance to 28 Gbps. Rugged self-mating connectors reduce inventory costs and are interchangeable for 5 to 12 mm stack heights.
- Edge Card Systems – For speeds to 40 Gbps with a wide variety of options: 0.80 mm to 2.00 mm pitch, pin counts from 10 to 200, various orientations, PCI Express®, power and rugged features. A 0.50 mm pitch socket with justification beam ensures the card and connector body are flush enabling the use of standard PCB tolerance.
- Backplane Systems – High-speed ExaMAX® traditional and direct-mate orthogonal systems for speeds to 56 Gbps. High-density XCede® HD features a small form factor and module design for system flexibility with 25 Gbps
- Mating Cable Assemblies – High-density array, Edge Rate®, ground plane, self-mating, edge card and backplane assemblies available in coax and twinax cable. Click here to learn more about Samtec’s High-Speed Cable Plant.
- Modified and Custom Solutions – With the willingness, support and expertise to provide custom and modified products, it’s no wonder these solutions make up about 28% of Samtec’s total sales. Contact the Application Specific Products Group at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about our flexible capabilities for your custom solution.
Teraspeed Consulting and Signal Integrity Group engineers can help optimize and validate your high-performance system through services available at any level you require. From early stages of design including package design, material selection and PCB routing, to in-depth analysis, modeling and simulation with measurement validation services available to 67 GHz.
Online tools are available to help you quickly design and/or simulate the right high-speed solution for your application.
- Solutionator® – Use a wide variety of search parameters and filters to build a mated set, then immediately download models, prints or an entire specs kit.
- Simulator™ – Integrate and blend data from models to project high-speed performance in your defined system, in real time.
- Channelyzer™ – Full channel simulation and analysis based on your inputs, including channel overview and strategies for improved performance.