The global XDF technology road shows come to Beijing next week. FPGA designers, system architects, data scientists and other technical leaders will gather December 3-4, 2019 at the China National Convention Center.
Samtec technical experts and our partners will demonstrate some of the latest interconnect solutions affecting the Xilinx FPGA ecosystem.
Samtec Interconnect on Xilinx Kits
One of several demonstrations at XDF 2019 Asia shows the variety of Samtec interconnects supporting the Xilinx® Virtex® UltraScale+ FPGA VCU118 Development Kit.
The kit comes with an FMC+ Active Loopback Card, which includes Samtec’s direct attach Flyover® QSFP28. In the demo, 4x Gbps XCVR signals are generated from the FPGA and routed through the FireFly™ Micro Flyover System® on the VCU118.
These 28 Gbps signals pass over the PCB through twinax cable to the FQSFP series cage. A QSFP28 loopback module returns the signals back to the FPGA via the same return path.
The demo confirms 28 Gbps performance on all four links. No errors are passed and a good BER is achieved via 16” (40.64 cm) of twinax cable.
- ASP-184329-01, a 560 I/O FMC+ socket connector on the VCU118 board
- ASP-184330-01, a 560 I/O FMC+ terminal connector on the Active Loopback Card
- ASP-134486-01, a 400 I/O FMC socket connector on the VCU118 board
- ASP-134488-01, a 400 I/O FMC terminal connector the Active Loopback Card
Samtec’s Expanding FMC/FMC+ Ecosystem
As with XDF Silicon Valley and XDF Europe, Xilinx will demonstrate several new Xilinx® Versal™ ACAP chips and development platforms in Beijing.
ACAP stands for Adaptive Compute Acceleration Platform. Versal provides heterogeneous acceleration for any application from across the cloud, network and core.
Samtec offers a number of FMC/FMC+ solutions, including the following:
- 14 Gbps FireFly™ FMC Development Kit
- 25/28 Gbps FireFly™ FMC+ Development Kit
- FMC+ HSPC Loopback Card
- FMC+ HSPC/HSPCe Loopback Card
- FMC+ Extender Card
Please visit www.samtec.com/kits for more information about these kits.
Contact Samtec Asia
Samtec maintains engineering, manufacturing, logistics supports and sales offices across Asia. Please view our global locations or contact the local teams for more support:
- ANZ: E-mail email@example.com
- China: E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hong Kong: E-mail email@example.com
- India: E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Japan: E-mail email@example.com
- Korea: E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Malaysia: E-mail email@example.com
- Singapore: E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Taiwan: E-mail email@example.com