If you’re not lucky enough to make it to Nuremberg — the white sausage center-of-the-universe — below is a quick preview of some products that are popular in embedded technology designs.
From standard PC/104, to high-bandwidth mid-plane systems, to every type of two-piece mezzanine system, to advanced IC packaging and assembly, to wireless sensor modules, Samtec provides reliable, smart, cost-effective interconnect solutions for embedded technologies.
Featured at Embedded World 2017
- SEARAY™: SEARAY is the popular 1.27 X 1.27 mm open pin field grid array for maximum routing and grounding flexibility. The connector system provides up to 500 single-ended I/Os or 125 differential pairs. The rugged Edge Rate contact system is less prone to damage when “zippered” during unmating. SEARAY is used in a variety of embedded applications, including Graphics Processing Units and array servers.
- Glass Core Technology™ (GCT): GCT is a proprietary process that leverages the performance benefits of glass by creating small diameter, fine pitch, high density metalized and hermetically sealed Through-Glass Vias (TGVs). Click here to learn more about GCT.
- nMode™ Wireless Sensor Module: This new module enables remote sensing and measurement of inertial, environmental, and acoustical parameters. Leveraging standard ICs, Samtec’s pre-engineered modules integrate industry standard, fully tested and certified wireless, microcontroller and sensor components. The small size and powerful design make the nMode™ Wireless Sensor Module as a standalone node ideal for products such as wearables, gaming accessories, and smart-home or any number of IoT applications. The modular design affords easy, functional customization during design and development and significantly reduces time to market for production.
- Q2™: Samtec’s Q2™ QMS/QFS Series are specified in the PCI/104-Express™ module. Samtec specifically designed mating connector sets, based on the QMS/QFS Series, with a 15.24 mm stack height for top and bottom board stacking. Q2™ has 3x the wipe of many high speed mezzanine interconnects making it appropriate for rugged applications. Here’s a link if you want to learn more about Q2 and PCI/104-Express.
- ESQT: The ESQT series, 2 mm pitch, high density self-nesting socket, is designed for PC/104-Plus™ applications. Check out the ESQT series data sheet.
The show is 14-16 March, at the Exhibition Centre Nuremberg, 90471 Nürnberg, Germany. Please visit us at Hall 4A, Booth 240.
And about the title of this post … any Samtec internal discussion about embedded solutions eventually brings us back to a topical ad we ran on our homepage in 2008, for the Embedded World show. It’s one of our favorites. Here it is for history’s sake.