The computing demands of high-performance applications like HPC, machine learning and high-speed communications are driven by the CPU architectures championed by Moore’s Law. As that has slowed, additional processing architectures such as GPUs, DSPs and FPGAs have become commonplace in data center acceleration applications.
Discrete DSPs offer compelling solutions for many unique applications, but FPGAs offer massive DSP performance capabilities. This has become more pronounced as FPGAs with either floating point or fixed point DSPs are now available. Cascading multiple FPGAs or FPGA processing cards accelerates this advantage of FPGAs.
New Guzik DP 7000 Digital Processor
The new Guzik DP 7000 Digital Processor ideally supports scalable, cascaded FPGA processing cards requiring floating point DSP functionality. This new platform targets markets such as Real-Time Stream Processing for High-speed DAQ, HPC, Data Center Infrastructure, AI Processing and Networking applications.
Key features of the Guzik DP 7000 Digital Platform include:
- Samtec Firefly™ AOC Assemblies offering 14.1 Gbps data rates per channel
- 100G Ethernet or 100G Interlaken protocol-compatible MPO/MTP® Optics
- Four Intel/Altera Arria™ 10 FPGAs with floating-point DSP cores
- 8U form factor board in single slot AXIe or AdvancedTCA® blade
- Optional AXIe backplane 64 Gbps PCI-Express® x8 Gen3 connectivity
Samtec ECUO Active Optical Cable Assemblies
Guzik chose Samtec’s FireFly™ Micro Flyover System™ ECUO Active Optical Cable Assemblies for routing protocol agnostic high-speed data signals between FPGAs and between systems. Cascading multiple DP 7000s allows for higher system-level processing capabilities.
Key features of the ECUO series include:
- x12 simplex or duplex transceiver system
- x4 simplex or duplex systems in development
- 14 Gbps channel system
- Proven 850 nm VCSEL array technology
- Available in panel mount or full Tx-to-Rx active optical cable
- Protocol agnostic and supports Ethernet, InfiniBand™, Fibre Channel, PCIe®
- Extended temperature range ETUO Series now available
For more information on Samtec’s FireFly™ Micro Flyover System™, please download the following links: