The NBA Finals, the first week of Wimbledon, the fourth benches-clearing-brawl-of-the-season between the Pirates and the Reds, and precision RF at IMS are all things I will miss in June.
Hopefully live sporting events will return later in the year. IMS has been rescheduled as a virtual event, taking place in August and September. But, since IMS was originally scheduled for next week, I thought I would share with some of you microwave-minded people our new and soon-to-be-released precision RF, millimeter wave products that we would be talking about next week, if we were at IMS.
These high-frequency, precision RF, 50 Ω SMPM connectors are available with:
- Push-on latching (instead of threaded), which is easier for blind-mate/small space applications
- 30% smaller than their SMP counterparts
- Bullet adaptors available for board-to-board applications
- Performance to 65 GHz
- Available as board connectors, cable connector (PRFM0), or on cable assemblies using .047, .086 or Samtec-optimized low-loss cables (RF047-A, RF086, RF23C).
New high-frequency cables are paired with our new microwave/millimeter wave, precision RF interconnects. High-frequency cables include:
- RF23C: Low-loss flexible cable, is available with threaded 2.92 mm (40 GHz) or 2.40 mm (50 GHz) connectors. It will also be available soon with an SMPM push-on connector.
- RF047-A: This is .047 low-loss flexible cable with 1.85 mm (65 GHz), 2.40 mm (50 GHz), 2.92 mm (40 GHz) threaded connectors. It is also available with an SMPM push-on connector.
- RF086: This is .086 low-loss flexible cable with 1.85 mm (65 GHz), 2.40 mm (50 GHz), 2.92 mm (40 GHz) threaded connectors. It is also available with an SMPM push-on connector.
- RF120 (2.40 mm, 2.92 mm connectors), RF180 (2.92 mm, SMA, TNCA, N Type), RF280 (SMA, TNCA, N Type) will all be released later this year.
- This is in addition to our RF405, RF402, RF23S, RF25S high-frequency assemblies.
BULLS EYE® HIGH-PERFORMANCE TEST
Bulls Eye is ideal for high-performance test applications because of its compression interface, small footprint and high cycle count. Specifically, the connector grid design and smaller footprint enable smaller evaluation boards and shorter trace lengths.
This high-density design significantly saves PCB space compared to traditional test points.
The BE40A was recently released with a 2.40 mm connector, which enables 50 GHz performance.
Circling back to missing June sporting events … if you’ve still nostalgic for a Reds – Pirates brawl, check out Cincinnati’s Amir Garrett going after the entire Pittsburgh bench.