With our last web update, we brought you a new way to export your data from our Solutionator parametric search tool, several updates to key support pages on the website, and our latest installment of product literature, our High Speed Board-to-Board Guide.
This month, we’re very excited to announce the release of a new way to search for content on Samtec.com, among a few other small improvements.
Here is the summary of our major web updates for June 2017.
Major Update to On-Site Search Capabilities
Nearly 80% of Samtec.com users perform at least one search before leaving the website. Several users perform dozens of searches.
One of our major goals for 2017 was to upgrade our on-site search capabilities to not only improve performance regardless of location, but also to add several highly requested features such as instant keyword matching, the ability to filter results, part-number based results, and of course improved relevancy matching.
We’re still making a few tweaks and we will go into more detail on all of the features in an upcoming post, but for now, here is a quick list of its new features:
- Significantly updated wide-screen user experience
- Instant match dropdown including Series, Keymatches, and Part Numbers
- Redundant cloud hosting for consistent global speed and flexibility
- The ability to search documentation as a standalone data source
- Easy-to-use filters that allow you to narrow down results quickly
- Access to 3D Models and the ability to sample directly from search results
Give it a whirl at the top right of Samtec.com, and be sure to let us know what you think!
Update to Microsoft Azure CDN
This is a behind the scenes update that adds another slight performance bump to the static resources that we use to make up the website.
We have moved the majority of these resources from Amazon CloudFront to Microsoft Azure CDN, which uses the global leader in CDN technology, Akamai, as its backbone.
This update gave us a little bit more redunancy and compatability and increased download speeds for documents, images, and other static objects as well.
HSPCe FMC+ Details Page
This new page provides an overview of our VITA 57.4 FMC+ HSPC/HSPCe Loopback Card, which provides FPGA designers an easy to use loopback option for testing low-speed and high-speed multi-gigabit transceivers on any FPGA development board or FPGA carrier card.
You can check our the product brief as well as the features that this card offers.
Coming Soon to Samtec.com
- Additional mobile responsive updates throughout the website
- Several “Phase 2” improvements to the new website Search
- Upgraded online account features to better tailor your Samtec.com experience to your needs
- A streamlined online ordering experience similar to the new sample features you’ve recently seen
Keep an eye out for these updates and more in 2017.
Drop your email address in the form below if you want to stay in the loop with these updates, and as well as the rest of our blog content.
If you have any feedback or suggestions for our web team, feel free to send them an email at eHelpDesk@samtec.com.