Who doesn’t love a care package? Open a box from someone you know and find a surprise inside. In college, my aunt used to send me the best sugar cookies – very helpful for enticing friends to study with you.
Similar to a care package from someone you know, Samtec just released a new High-Speed Cable Design Guide full of new products, technologies and roadmap items (sorry, no cookies this time). The Guide highlights Samtec’s innovation for next generation architectures – Flyover®, HDR, Optics and RF solutions combined with industry leading support, in-house manufacturing and customization capabilities to create a solution for any application.
Eye Speed® Thinax™ Ultra Performance Twinax Cable
Thinax™ features a 40% smaller cross-sectional area vs. Eye Speed® ultra low skew twinax with a taped jacket that miniaturizes the cable to match smaller, more dense connectors. Ultimately this allows for a smaller pitch within a row while achieving 112 Gbps PAM4 performance.
Eye Speed® AIR is currently in development. This foamed twinax cable significantly improves signal integrity and achieves even lower intra-pair skew.
Direct Attach Cable
Flyover® cable assemblies feature high-density contacts directly soldered to the Eye Speed® cable. Tighter tolerances are achieved and signal integrity is improved without a transition board and its variability.
Flyover® Panel Assemblies
- NovaRay® I/O Extreme Performance System with up to 3,584 Gbps PAM4 aggregate data from the IC package to the panel and beyond; no heat sinks saves panel space
- ExaMAX® I/O Shielded Cable System with fully shielded external cable and cage for EMI protection; cable-to-cable version in development for 112 Gbps PAM4 performance
- In Development: SFP112 and OSFP200 front panel ports
Flyover® Mid-Board Assemblies
- AcceleRate® HP Gen 2 On-Package System – Samtec is the first to achieve a direct-to-chip package solution with the industry’s highest density 112 Gbps PAM4 interconnect; single-ended micro coax assembly, and mixed wafer with micro coax and Thinax™ cable assembly in development
- AcceleRate® Mini Extreme Performance System features Thinax™ cable and offers design flexibility as an End 2 option for Flyover® assemblies
- Si-Fly™ HD High-Density On-Package System with vertically launched Thinax™ cables for the highest density package
Flyover® Backplane Cables
- NovaRay® Micro Rugged Backplane System for true 112 Gbps PAM4 signal integrity with Flyover® support
- In Development: ExaMAX® high-speed backplane cable system with 8 pairs for greater design flexibility
High-Speed Cable Assemblies
- PCI Express® twinax assemblies to support 4.0 and 5.0 data transfer rates (PCIE-G4 and PCIE-G5)
Advanced Optical Systems
- FireHawk™ Ruggedized Optical Transceivers designed for Mil/Aero and Space applications with the industry’s smallest footprint and lowest profile, weighing less than 0.4 grams; 10G x 4 data rate available with 25G x 4 system in development
- Halo™ Next Gen Optical capable of up to 112 Gbps PAM4 per lane in a low 6 mm profile designed to withstand high shock and vibration
High-Performance RF Solutions
- High-speed breakout test cables with RF connectors capable of supporting PCIe® 4.0/5.0 data rates and 56 Gbps PAM4 performance
- Next Gen RF Cable Assemblies – phase and insertion loss stable microwave/millimeter wave cables designed to support extended frequency ranges
- Flexible Waveguide – flexible, easier to use and lower cost while maintaining low insertion loss vs. traditional metallic rigid waveguides; E-Band frequency range of 60 to 90 GHz in development
For inquiries and questions about new High-Speed Cable products highlighted above, please contact HDR@samtec.com.
In addition to new products, the Guide includes high-speed cable systems you might already be familiar with:
EVALUATION & DEVELOPMENT KITS
Kits are available to test many of Samtec’s high-speed cable and optics assemblies, which can help simplify the design process and reduce time to market. A complete list of kits can be found here along with ordering information.
ONLINE TOOLS & RESOURCES
Several online tools are available to help you find the ideal High-Speed Cable solution for your application – design full cable assemblies, view specifications, check availability, order samples and more.
If you’d like to learn more about Samtec’s High-Speed Cable products and support, here are some other blog posts that might be of interest: