Flyover ArchitectureSamtec’s flyover cable assemblies “fly” data over lossy PCB, vias, and other components to improve signal integrity and increase signal path length at higher data rates. The flexibility of flyover technology combined with Samtec’s high-level full system design and engineering support allows us to assist customers in building architectures for signal integrity optimization.
Flexibility & CustomizationWe offer incredible flexibility and extensive customization for ANY cable assembly – from mix-and-match high-speed connector end options to a wide variety of high-speed precision cable with any breakout configuration – to create a solution that works for your specific application. FireFly™ Micro Flyover System™ also offers flexibility now and in the future with the interchangeability of copper and optical fiber using the same micro connector system.
High-Speed Cable Manufacturing & CapabilitiesSamtec’s proprietary co-extruded Eye Speed® ultra-low skew twinax cable supports flyover architecture and is part of our next generation innovation. Combine the world-class expertise and manufacturing capabilities of our High-Speed Cable Plant with the next generation technology being pursued by the High-Speed Cable Group and you can see that the integration of our Technology Centers is first-rate, bar none. We are actively working to solve existing and future signal integrity challenges for 56 Gbps and beyond, enabling complete system optimization from silicon to silicon.
Here are some of the new products highlighted in the guide:
- Double Density Flyover QSFP28 Cable System: 8 total channels for ~200 Gbps NRZ aggregate data rate (~400 Gbps PAM4) with belly-to-belly mating for maximum density.
- NovaRay™ Extreme High-Speed, High-Density Cable System: Industry leading aggregate data rate density – 112 Gbps PAM4 – with very low crosstalk and very tight impedance control.
- AcceleRate® Slim Body Cable System: Slimmest cable assembly in the industry – 7.6 mm body width – with a high-density 2-row design and 28 Gbps NRZ/56 Gbps PAM4 data rate.
- Direct Connect™ Pluggable Horizontal Cable System: Ultra-low 3 mm profile cable assembly that is easily removable for plug/unplug mating.
- Micro Edge Card System: Micro 0.50 mm pitch with 16 differential pairs and 28 Gbps NRZ/56 Gbps PAM4 data rate.
- ExaMAX® High-Speed Backplane Cable System: Variety of differential pair and column counts with Samtec’s Eye Speed® ultra low skew twinax cable technology for cable-to-board, cable-to-cable and cable-to-ExaMAX® backplane applications.
- Precision RF: Bulls Eye® test point system to 50 GHz and a wide variety of precision interconnects for high-performance testing.