By all accounts, unmanned systems in general, and Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAV) in particular, are expected to see significant growth in the next ten years. The military market will account for the majority the UAV sales and sales growth.
The most common types of Unmanned Systems include:
- UAVs (Unmanned Aerial Vehicles that operate in the air)
- UGVs (Unmanned Ground Vehicles that operate on the ground
- USVs (Unmanned Surface Vehicles that float on water)
- UUVs (Unmanned Underwater Vehicles that operate below the water’s surface)
The list of possible requirements for interconnects in unmanned systems continues to grow and now includes RF, sealed/circulars, rugged, high shock-and-vibration, and an increasing demand for high bandwidth and higher density, among others.
Samtec’s micro rugged, power, RF, and high-speed interconnects meet the demanding performance requirements for commercial and military unmanned systems and autonomous vehicles. But you probably assumed that, otherwise I wouldn’t be writing about applications that Samtec can’t support!
Samtec products that are popular with our unmanned systems customers:
- Tiger Eye™ High Reliability Board-to-Board:
- Rugged Discrete Wire:
- Rugged High Speed Board-to-Board:
- Rugged Micro:
- High Speed Cable Systems:
- These rugged high speed cable assemblies are available with a variety of connector types, with screw-downs, latching, and locking options.