The adoption of UHDTV technologies continues to be widespread. Consumers can purchase Smart 4K UltraHD LED TVs – some event curved – in ever larger sizes. UltraHD Blu-ray discs and players are now widespread. 4K UltraHD cameras are being used for video conferencing. The list goes on.
The engineering community behind these great consumer products needs the appropriate test equipment to ensure proper end product operation. Whether 4K UHDTV signal generation or signal measurement, the number of test equipment options available are growing as well.
One example is the new Phabrix Qx UHDTV 4K/8K Test System. This new instrument provides generation and analysis tools on signals with up to 48Gbps payloads offering both video and audio support via 4 channels of 12G-SDI inputs and 4 channels of 12G-SDI outputs. The instrument also offers 3 channels of 12G-SDI output.
The Phabrix Qx system uses Samtec’s BNC7T-EM edge-mount BNC jacks. These are a part of Samtec’s 75 Ohm True75™ RF solutions. This family of products includes a wide variety of industry standard cables, components and board level interconnects with mix and match flexibility, and optimized for 3G/6G/12G-SDI Broadcast Video applications.
Key features of these products include:
- Optimized for the high-performance demands of Broadcast Video
- Mix-and-match industry standard cables with a variety of end options
- High-Density BNC and BNC7T systems designed to meet SMPTE 424M 12G-SDI specifications
- Vertical and edge mount connectors certified to 75Ω +/-3Ω
- Right angle connectors certified to +/-4Ω
- 75Ω plugs available for customer-installed field termination to cable
- Characterization data also available
Samtec has a long history of supporting the Video Broadcast and UHDTV industries. We updated our Broadcast Video Solutions Guide earlier this year. We also participate in industry events such as NAB and related events throughout the year.
For more information on Samtec’s 75 Ohm True75™ RF solutions, please see the following links: