Samtec is pleased to announce a new ChalkTalk entitled “Expanding the Backplane Ecosystem.” Hosted by EEJournal, this newly released ChalkTalk details the growing backplane connector portfolio from Samtec.
Samtec entered the backplane connector market by licensing FCI’s ExaMAX® High-Speed Backplane Connector System. Over the past few years, Samtec has developed numerous soon-to-be-released backplane connector mated pairs. Samtec has also developed power delivery and guide post options outlined in the webinar.
Key features of ExaMAX include:
- Enables 28 Gbps electrical performance on 2.00 mm column pitch
- Meets and exceeds OIF CEI-28G-LR specification for 28 Gbps standards
- Future proof 3.00 mm column pitch design (for 56 Gbps) to be added
- Allows designers to optimize density or minimize board layer count
- Teraspeed® Consulting
- Experts in design, optimization, and evaluation of high-speed backplane systems
- Future developments
- Direct-mate orthogonal
- Cable options
Samtec has also partnered with Amphenol to round out its backplane connector portfolio. The ChalkTalk updates Samtec’s roadmap for backplane connector systems running from 6 Gbps – 112 Gbps.
Engineers love to model potential backplane connector mated sets. The ChalkTalk describes how engineers can use Channelyzer® – Samtec’s online full channel simulation and analysis tool – in backplane applications.
The ChalkTalk also outlines the backplane connector support system and resources available from Samtec. This includes:
- Backplane connector application engineering support.
- ExaMAX backplane connector evaluation and development boards
- Applications design guides
- Backplane connector data sheets
For further details on Samtec’s expanding backplane connector portfolio, please watch the ChalkTalk below.
Please view our ExaMAX product page for further details on all of Samtec’s backplane connector options.