Samtec has once again won the Bishop and Associates “European Customer Survey of the Electronic Connector Industry.” This is the 11th time that Samtec is ranked #1 in Europe.
By the way, we have been ranked #1 in North America 17 times. That’s not because we’re better in North America; it’s simply because Bishop has run the survey more times in the U.S. than Europe.
One other comment before I get to the results. I’m not trying to brag about being #1. But we work hard to make our customers’ lives easier and to provide the best interconnect products, services, and support in the industry. We take it this stuff seriously.
Key results from this survey include:
- Samtec ranked overall #1 in Europe
- Samtec ranked #1 by Engineering
- Samtec ranked #1 by Purchasing
- Samtec ranked #1 by OEM
- Samtec ranked #1 by Distributors
- Samtec’s website is ranked #1
- #1 in usefulness of website
- #1 in ease of finding the connector product needed on the website
- #1 in availability of technical documentation on website
- #1 in satisfaction in placing orders online
- Samtec ranked #1 in product quality
- Samtec ranked #1 in meeting requested delivery date
- Samtec ranked #1 in meeting ship date
- Samtec ranked #1 in lead times
- Samtec ranked #1 with new connector design turn-around time
- Samtec ranked #1 in outside sales support
- Samtec ranked #1 in inside sales support
- Samtec ranked #1 for obtaining samples
Methodology Of The Bishop Europe Survey
Bishop & Associates surveys electronic equipment manufacturers (OEMs), Cable Assembly Manufacturers, Contract Manufacturers (CEMs) and Distributors to determine how the connector industry, and selected connector manufacturers, are performing.
Respondents represented a variety of market sectors, including Industrial, Automotive, Military/Government, Telecom/Datacom, Medical, Computer/Peripheral, Test/Measurement/Instrumentation, Consumer Electronics, Transportation, Civil Aviation, and Energy.
Forty four (44) connector manufacturers were included in the survey, including Phoenix Contact, Amphenol, Molex, TE Connectivity, WAGO, ept, ERNI, HARTING, Harwin, Hirose, Huber + Suhner, LEMO, and Rosenberger, to name a few.
The survey consisted of 18 questions. The majority of respondents identified their job function as Engineering (41%) or Purchasing (34%).
Bishop and Associates
Bishop and Associates is a market research firm that specializes in the world electronic connector industry. The firm publishes a monthly newsletter titled “The Bishop Report,” and the twice-monthly digital publication Connector Supplier. The reports, produced by a staff of 20 researchers, focus on geographic regions, end-user equipment markets, connector products, and interconnect technologies. The firm also provides executive placement services and conducts multi-client studies and customer surveys, and assists in merger and acquisition activity.