Communication. There are hundreds of books about the various types, styles and strategies. You can earn degrees in the study of it. It’s a life skill everyone must learn, and there is a constant pursuit for ways to more effectively communicate.
The PCI Express® standard can help with effective communication, but just for electronic devices instead of people – you’ll still need to buy that book. This standard creates a connection for high bandwidth communication between a PCI Express® device and the motherboard, or other hardware, inside the computer. Ultimately, this allows a system to have its functions expanded with video, sound, network, storage and other expansion cards.
Now it’s easier than ever to find PCI Express® solutions on Samtec’s website with our new PCI Express® webpage. Samtec offers interconnect solutions that meet the PCI Express® electrical and mechanical specifications, including high-speed edge cards with mating cable assemblies and PCI Express®-Over-FireFly™ copper and optical cable assemblies.
- High-speed edge card sockets support one, four, eight and sixteen PCI Express® links and mate with PCI Express® cable assemblies.
- PCI Express®-Over-FireFly™ copper and optical cable assemblies for low latency, power savings and guaranteed transmission; optical adaptor card available with PCIe® x16 edge card connector.
We also offer solutions that meet the PCI Express® electrical specifications for design flexibility and potential cost savings.
- High-speed mezzanine board-to-board and edge card solutions
- High-density signal/power interconnect solutions
- Copper and optical cable systems
For a full list of available products or to contact us with questions for your PCI Express® application, visit the new PCI Express webpage.
For more about PCI Express®, check out these other posts: