With our last web update, we brought you a major update to our on-site search capabilities, an update to how we serve static webfiles on the website, and a few new content pages for industry standard products.
In July, we continued to make improvements to our recently released on-site search, and upgraded a couple of other key pages for you.
Here is the summary of our major web updates for July 2017.
Phase 2 Updates to Search
Our initial release of our upgraded on-site search has been accepted very well, but with anything new there is always a feedback period for us to make a few improvements before moving on to our next major endeavor.
Here are the “phase 2” updates we rolled out to our new on-site search in July.
- Increased relevancy for series matches and part number matches
- Improvements to how you place samples and get 3D models directly from search results
- Began showing instant suggestions after two characters are typed instead of three
- Tweaks to the suggestions API to show results quicker as the user types
- Updated our Documents tab with improved file names and descriptions (more to come here)
- Behind the scene updates to push new searchable content to you more quickly
- Updates to our mobile experience to take better advantage of the mobile screen size
- Improved relevancy for terms with predicted measurements included (“mm” “in” etc)
- Cleaned up some redundant results between tabs
In addition to these, we’re already working on a few more updates in August. We will release those with our regularly scheduled web updates.
Keep an eye on the blog to stay in the loop.
Updates to 3D Models Page
Samtec users download over 1,000 3D models per day from our website. With 3D models being such a huge part of the design process, we’ve been doing a lot of work to make these as easy as possible to get.
In July, we released a new 3D models page experience. This page will allow the user to select from a list of series and load our real-time configurator for further population of options. From there, nearly 100 file types are available to download instantly, without even logging in.
This is the same tool that is available on our Technical Specifications page. The major difference is this is a step up in the chain.
Try it out here – https://www.samtec.com/support/3dmodels
Update to PCB Hole Sizes Page
Additionally, we also made a small experience upgrade to our PCB Hole Sizes reference page, which includes a convenient chart to show you our recommended PCB hole sizes.
It may not be as visually appealing as the 3D models page, but it’s useful nevertheless. This is a very popular page with our users and is now even mobile compatible!
Try it out here – https://www.samtec.com/support/pcb-hole-sizes
Coming Soon to Samtec.com
That does it for the major web updates we made in July. Here is what we’re currently working on in August, and a few other updates that are coming soon!
- Continued updates to our on-site search for relevancy, experience, and performance
- A few new content pages detailing our Microelectronics products and services
- Content updates to our main navigation “Mega Menu”
- Several back-end architecture upgrades that will increase site speed and experience
- A new way to share a desired list of part numbers with your colleagues
Keep an eye out for these updates and more in 2017.
Drop your email address in the form below if you want to stay in the loop with these updates, and as well as the rest of our blog content.
If you have any feedback or suggestions for our web team, feel free to send them an email at eHelpDesk@samtec.com.