For many around the world today, forty-plus years of pop culture reaches a climactic end. For those living under a rock, Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker opens in theaters globally.
Star Wars geeks of all ages are thinking, “What’s happening with Palpatine and Kylo? Will they both survive? Who are Rey’s parents? Where is Baby Yoda and Mando?”
Gotcha! I just wanted to make sure you are awake. While I doubt we will see Mando and Baby Yoda on the big screen this weekend, I am sure we will see lightsabers – an elegant weapon for a more civilized age. Red (for the baddies) and green (for the good team) colors swaying in a cosmic duel to rule the galaxy. What’s not to love?
What’s this have to do with Samtec? Almost nothing. Most, but not all, of the Samtec blog team can’t wait to see the movie. However, we do have a new 28 Gbps FireFly™ Evaluation Kit!
28 Gbps FireFly™ Evaluation Kit
Alright, alright. I know that was the worst blog transition ever, but this is my last blog of the year. Forgive me. Plus, who doesn’t love Star Wars? I had to get it in here somehow.
In any case, Samtec’s FireFly™ Micro Flyover System™ has expanded in recent months. We have a number of 28 Gbps (and faster) optical and copper cable assembly options now available.
Features and Benefits
The 28 Gbps FireFly™ Evaluation Kit provides system designers, optical and SI engineers an easy-to-use solution for testing the FireFly™ Micro Flyover System™.
Rated up to 28 Gbps per lane in x4 and x12 configurations, this kit allows the designer real-time evaluation of an actively running copper or optical FireFly™ system in their lab.
Some key features of the kit include:
- Updated GUI and application software hosted via Raspberry Pi 3 and MicroSD card
- Accessible via stand-alone executable or connection via laptop/web browser
- Two PCB system with compact form factor
- One FireFly™ two-piece SMT connector system (UCC8/UEC5-2 series)
- Supports one FireFly™ AOC or Copper Cable Assembly available separately
- Routes high-speed differential pairs (12 total) from UEC5-2 series connector to high-precision RF connectors
- Optional industry-standard MTP® connector