Next-generation high-performance copper and optical interconnects must solve multiple technical challenges including higher data rates, increased system and chassis density, and improved signal integrity.
Samtec’s diverse product and technology portfolio provides system designers architectural solutions to the challenges faced by the industry. Several key solutions will be featured at SC18.
Samtec and its partners feature an extensive number of demos at SC18. A number are briefly described below.
eSilicon 7nm 56 Gbps DSP SerDes over 5m ExaMAX® Backplane Cable Assembly
- Demonstration of true long-reach capability with a high-performance, flexible, easy-to-configure SerDes that targets common data center standards and data rates
- eSilicon will also provide more product details in private presentations at SC18. Meetings can be requested here.
Credo 112 Gbps PAM4 CDR via Flyover QSFP-DD Solutions
- Demonstration of Credo’s 112 Gbps PAM4 CDR technology with Samtec’s Flyover QSFP-DD Solutions provide proof-of-concept for long reach signals over cable
Optimized Modular Switch Architecture via Flyover QSFP-DD Solutions
- Samtec Flyover QSFP-DD solutions provide improved thermal efficiencies and compact cable management for modular switch architectures in a 1U 19” chassis form factor
Samtec Flyover QSFP-DD-enabled 56 Gbps PAM4 Modular Switch Architecture
- The combination of industry leading 56 Gbps/112 Gbps PAM4 ICs with Samtec’s FQSFP-DD and AcceleRate® Cable solutions provide an ideal flyover proof-of-concept for next-gen data center applications
Immersion-Cooled 112 Gbps FireFly™ Optical Engine Offers 4x Density vs QSFP28
- Combines submersible 4 x 28 Gbps FireFly mid-board optical engine on a Xilinx Virtex UltraScale+ FPGA VCU118 Evaluation Kit submerged in 3M™ Fluorinert™ FC-43 Electronic Fluid to reduce power consumption and improve density 4x compared with QSFP28 form factors
Customized Mid-board Optical Engines in Novel Customer Applications
- Samtec and its partners will showcase real-world applications that showcase the adaptability of the FireFly™ Micro Flyover System™
Samtec 28 Gbps FireFly™ FMC+ Development Kit
- Features a production-version platform of low latency, high performance, on-board optical engines passing 448 Gbps (16 x 28 Gbps) aggregate throughput in a standard VITA 57.4 form factor
Samtec High-Performance Solutions for HPC
“HPC system designers and developers are challenged with balancing increasing throughput, scalability and density demands with cost and time-to-market,” said Ralph Page, System Architect for Samtec, Inc. “Samtec and its partners help address these challenges with industry-leading design expertise, system optimization, and innovative solutions meeting next-gen performance expectations.”
Click here fore more details on this press release.