Ahh . . . September.
It reminds us of the the last bits of summer, kids going back to school and football. Of course, at Samtec we love global football and the North American kind well. In case someone asks, I am a HUGE fan of the Pittsburgh Steelers.
In the high-tech world, trade show season is ramping up. Samtec will be exhibiting at two major shows this month. One is the AI Hardware & Edge AI Summit in Santa Clara, CA. The second tradeshow is the European Microwave Week (EuMW) in Berlin.
What will Samtec be highlighting?
AI Hardware & Edge AI Summit
The AI Hardware & Edge AI Summit has grown into the premier gathering of industry luminaries, thought-leaders, and solutions providers. The event provides a high-detail snapshot or where the AI/ML industry has been, is, and is going for start-ups, suppliers, investors, integrators and more.
As AI chipset and system architectures continue to evolve, what role does Samtec play in AI/ML?
At past AI HW Summits, Samtec, and several silicon partners have demonstrated a prototypical PECFF Emulation Platform. It shows PCB connectors and twinax cable systems, with performance capabilities eminently suitable for AI hardware applications.
The PECFF Emulation Platform offers a configurable, scalable system featuring an SNIA SFF-TA-1002 interconnect for add-in-card (AIC) connectivity. Top card connectivity provides additional data paths for high-speed signals.
In past years, this system has supported PCIe 5.0 (32 GT/s) or PCIe 6.0 (64 GT/s PAM4) performance. This year, Samtec and a special partner will demonstrate 400 GbE (4 x 100G) on some new enhancements to this rugged, tried-and-true platform.
As AI system architectures get denser, the number of high-speed channels running chip-to-chip, substrate-to-substrate, board-to-board, and system-to-system are increasing. Samtec’s AcceleRate® HP High-Density Cable System offers the perfect combination of density and 112 Gbps PAM4 performance for next-gen AI/ML system architecture design.
The Samtec FireFly™ Micro Flyover System® is the first interconnect system that gives a designer the flexibility of using micro footprint high-performance optical and low-cost copper interconnects interchangeably with the same connector system. FireFly™ supports industry-specific PCIe-over-Fiber applications becoming popular in AI/MLs solutions.
Stop by the Samtec booth during the AI HW Summit for more details about these and other interconnect solutions from Samtec.
European Microwave Week
EuMW is Europe’s premier microwave, RF, wireless, and radar event. The slogan for 2023 is “Waves Beyond Walls”. Given modern German history, the title is quite timely!
Of course, the focus of EuMW is all things RF. Event attendees will see the latest of Samtec RF solutions.
Samtec is showcasing new microwave/mmWave connector products, including:
- 90 GHz High-Performance Test Assembly: The new BE90A will be on display and running in a live product demonstration.
- New Vertical, Threaded Compression Mount (solderless) Products with Alignment Grooves: 135, 185, 240, and 292 Series.
- New Edge Launch, Solderless, Compression Mount Products: 185, 240, and 292 Series.
- Magnum RF™: Ganged, multi-position, high-frequency SMPM connector products.
- “Dually”: For high-speed digital test, this product supports differential pair test applications. More importantly, it’s the only solderless compression mount product like it on the market. Swing by and see it for yourself.
Additionally, Samtec has several live product demonstrations featuring many of the new products listed above, as well as technology demos with our partners and friends. You’ll find these in the Samtec booth (Booth # 307C).
- A Samtec BE90A, 90 GHz test assembly, with outstanding performance, driven by a Rohde and Schwarz VNA.
- Live performance demonstration of Samtec Magnum RF, 240, 292 edge launch and vertical mount precision RF products. The RF interconnect will be driven by a Rohde and Schwarz VNA.
- Samtec’s new, high-frequency micro waveguide technology. This new tech will support the demands of next-generation systems by targeting mmWave frequencies.
We invite all Samtec blog readers to visit with Samtec’s technical experts at the AI Harware & Edge Summit and EuMW in the coming weeksl