Samtec recently held its first annual Samtec Cares Day, where we welcomed dozens of local non-profits to our headquarters in New Albany, Indiana.
The Samtec Cares Grant Program was created to positively impact and assist organizations within the communities in which Samtec associates live, work, go to school and play. Grants are awarded in two semi-annual grants cycles to applying and qualified 501(c )(3) non-profits, up to $50,000 per grant.
Samtec Cares has revolving “Areas of Focus” for grants each year to target their giving and hopefully provide catalytic support and change in areas identified as needing support. The Areas of Focus for Samtec Cares first year are Community Impact, Health and Social Services, and lastly Arts and Culture.
The goals of the Samtec Cares Day event were to:
- Give associates an opportunity to learn more about nonprofit organizations that we have supported
- Educate associates on the issues facing our community today
- Give our grant recipients an opportunity to connect directly with our associates on an individual basis
- Allow our grant recipients to meet each other and network in a “safe” environment
- Possibly create new partnerships between grant recipients to make funding go further
- Feedback for the event was incredibly positive from all those involved.
To learn more about how Samtec Cares supports local non-profits, visit the Samtec Cares website. Here is the link to a list of the Summer 2019 grant awards, and a little information about each organization. And here’s the same information for the Winter, 2018 grant awards. Our Winter, 2019 grant cycle is open until November 1, 2019.