Prior to the pandemic in early 2020, we released a feature that allowed a small subset of users to edit requested ship dates on open orders using their My Samtec account.
This feature was well-received and highly used for a few months. Then we all know what happened in the spring of 2020. Supply chains were disrupted and lead times across multiple industries skyrocketed. Our industry was not spared. At that time, we had to pull that feature due to those lingering bottlenecks.
However, that gave us time to rebuild the code in a much better way, which is now far more scalable, and will allow this feature to be open to all user types. It will also allow us to extend it beyond just editing ship dates.
Currently, any distributor user can reschedule an eligible open order by going to their My Samtec Orders tab, and clicking on the “Edit” link if it appears active.
From there, the UI is simple. Just choose a new ship date and we’ll tell you if we can do it. If you get a positive response, then you’ll be able to submit the request automatically, without ever needing to chat, email, or call someone. Now that’s sudden service!
Before the end of November, this feature will be available to all users on Samtec.com. We’ll also consider extending its capabilities in 2023 as we continue to enhance the user experience in this highly-used area of Samtec.com. Enjoy!
You can access this new feature at these links:
- Distributors – https://wwws.samtec.comm/distributor/my-activity/order-status.aspx
- All Other Users (Coming end of Nov 2022) – https://wwws.samtec.com/my-samtec/my-activity/order-status.aspx
Coming Soon to Samtec.com
That does it for now. Thanks for being a loyal reader of The Samtec Blog.
Here is what we’re currently working on, and a few other updates that are coming soon!
- Continued upgrades to our checkout
- Updated capabilities to manage orders online for more users
- A design upgrade to our Mated Set view in our Solutionator tools
- An upgrade to our search architecture and user experience
- A full overhaul and simplification of our navigation structure
- Additional self-service options for environmental compliance documents
- And more!