One of the most popular tools on Samtec.com that we build and maintain on a daily basis is our My Samtec Pricing & Delivery system. This allows users to quickly and easily look up pricing and lead times for specific part numbers that they need to source, as well as find alternatives and related parts if needed.
A recent addition to this area of the website is a currency switch that allows users to see pricing in different currencies using current exchange rates.
Many users compared currencies anyway by maintaining multiple logins linked to different physical locations, which worked fine, but it meant a whole lot of logging in and out of each one to check the different prices across currencies.
Now, users can compare between USD, GBP, CNY, and EUR currencies with just a few clicks. Just enter a part number and quantity as usual, and then choose the view currency in the Pricing Currency dropdown.
You’ll then receive pricing in that currency at current exchange rates.
Here are a few things to note with this feature:
- It is currently available for distributors only
- It will not affect current or future quotes
- It will not affect the cart or the checkout
- It is for currency viewing only. To change the official transactional currency of an account, users must request this in their profile.
Coming Soon to Samtec.com
That’s it for now. Thanks for reading and being a Samtec customer. Here is what we’re currently working on, and a few other updates that are coming soon!
- Continued upgrades to our e-commerce experience throughout the website
- Continued updates to manage profiles online
- An updated way to search High-Speed Board-to-Board Products
- An updated way to build Optics products online
- And much more…
Keep an eye out for these updates and more coming soon!
Drop your email address in the form below if you want to stay in the loop with these updates, and as well as the rest of our blog content.
If you have any feedback or suggestions for our web team, feel free to send an email at eHelpDesk@samtec.com.
Leave a Reply