Samtec has the largest and most flexible product offering of two-piece board stacking connector systems in the industry. We have more ways to stack two or more boards together than any other connector company.
But the sheer number of options can make it difficult to find the right connector set. Samtec’s online Solutionator® parametric search tool makes it easy to find the best Samtec socket and terminal set, based on your design requirements.
Mated Connector Set, Not Just One Connector
Solutionator is different because it doesn’t give you one just connector series. It gives you the part number of both the socket and terminal strips that meet your design criteria. This is the only search tool that provides such a complete solution.
Up to 20 Search Parameters
Solutionator allows you to filter your search parameters by as many criteria, or as few, as you feel necessary. Solutionator begins with up to five primary filters that most customers use in their search process. Again, you can search by all of these parameters, or only one. You can search by:
- Product centerline or pitch
- Board stacking distance in either millimeters or inches; you can search for either a specific stack height or a range of stack heights
- Total number of positions; also, you can select a minimum and maximum number of positions if you have the flexibility to do so
- Type of termination to the board, either through hole or surface mount
- Mating orientation of the connector set; the most common are parallel (mezzanine), perpendicular, and coplanar
Solutionator lists mating connector sets based on your design parameters. You can sort this data based on the results shown. When you select the right connector set, you have immediate access to prints, test data, and spec sheets. You can also order samples or 3D models.
Depending on the type of connector system you need and depending on the end-application, Solutionator has 15 other filters to further refine your search. A few of the more popular search filters include
- impedance rating for high speed designs
- differential pair and single-ended configurations for high speed
- creepage and clearance for power
- RF style and RF family for RF connectors (obviously)
- search by contact system
- search by wire gauge
- and by cable type, to name a few
It only takes a minute, and it’s worth checking out. Click here to open Solutionator and walk through a design scenario or two. Feel free to download a 3D model and order a sample or two, just to test the capabilities.
You may also want to check out Picture Search.