We processed our first order in the new checkout in early August 2022. This system replaced a legacy system that had been running for nearly a decade. It had a great run, but it was time for an upgrade. In August, the new system was a limited release only for those who chose to use it.
Today we’re happy to announce that the new Checkout system is fully launched and operational, and processing 99% of new orders on Samtec.com (there are still a few lingering integrations to the old one we are working on getting updated).
With this new system, users will experience a wide variety of improvements over the old system, including:
- A brand new cutting-edge technology stack
- 5x faster pageload times globally
- A modern widescreen interface
- Full mobile capabilities (yes, you can place orders from Samtec.com on your mobile phone!)
- Simple address entry and selection options
- Enhanced credit card validation and processing
- Easier dropshipping options
- Support for all user types (distributors included)
Another one of the excellent nerdy features of this new system is that it allows rapid deployment cycles, which drastically reduces the amount of testing required for a software release and brings enhancements and bug fixes to users within minutes (vs. hours or even days). This system also has incredible opportunities to extend its functionality in the future.
We’re looking forward to bringing you more of these features for the rest of the year and beyond.
- Translation options for supported languages
- Enhanced payment options
- Cart abandonment reminders
- Improved quote ordering capabilities
- Simplified shipping options
To access the new system, add some parts to your Samtec cart and go to https://www.samtec.com/cart/checkout
Coming Soon to Samtec.com
That does it for now. Thanks for being a loyal reader of The Samtec Blog.
Here is what we’re currently working on, and a few other updates that are coming soon!
- Continued upgrades to our checkout
- Updated capabilities to manage orders online for more users
- A design upgrade to our Mated Set view in our Solutionator tools
- An upgrade to our search architecture
- A full overhaul and simplification of our navigation structure
- And more!
Leave a Reply