embedded world 2021 Digital takes place March 1-5 on a virtual platform. As its title suggests, embedded world 2021 Digital (EWD) focuses on innovations and trends in the Embedded Computing industry, with an emphasis on Software, Hardware, Tools, Embedded Vision, Safety and Security, and Start-Up.
Samtec connector products are certified to or compliant with a variety of embedded computing industry standards. This includes PICMG, VITA, PC/014, SFF-SIG, and PISMO, among others.
Why should you visit Samtec at EWD? Here’s three reasons:
FIRST is the new COM-HPC® connector system. The development of COM-HPC exceeds the demand for high-speed performance in embedded computers. COM-HPC coexists with the COM Express® specification, but provides the scalability and enhanced performance for next-gen embedded system design. COM-HPC supports two different module types.
COM-HPC server modules are targeted for edge server applications. COM-HPC client modules support robust embedded computing. COM-HPC provides access to more system memory (up to 1 TB RAM) and system flexibility for various compute engines like GPGPUs, FPGAs and DSPs.
COM-HPC provides system and interface flexibility by adopting a pair of 400 pin connectors (800 pins total) based on Samtec’s AcceleRate® HP High-Performance Arrays. Samtec COM-HPC connectors support existing and future interfaces such as PCIe® 5.0 (32 GT/s) and up to 100 Gb Ethernet.
The module receptables are employed at a standard height. The carrier plugs vary to allow for either a 5 mm or 10 mm stack height.
Depending on the application, the connector pinouts are optimized for Client or Server module as defined in the COM-HPC specification. Click here for more information on the Samtec COM-HPC connector system.
SECOND is the plethora of free Round Table discussions, Webinars, and Forums available to you from Samtec. The schedule includes:
- Exhibitor Forum: 665 Gbps/cm2 – Samtec COM-HPC Interconnect Solutions Increase Density and Speed (Wednesday, 3 March, 1:30 pm EST)
- Connectivity in Embedded Standards: The Mortar Between The Bricks (Monday, 1 March, 2:00 pm EST)
- PCIe Over Fiber Solutions For Embedded Computing Applications (Monday, 1 March, 5:20 pm EST)
- High-Speed Interconnect For Embedded Applications (Tuesday, 2 March, 12:00 pm EST)
- Sensors to Servers: PICMG and Samtec Advance Embedded Open Systems (Tuesday, 2 March, 2:00 pm EST)
- Connectivity in Embedded Standards: The Mortar Between The Bricks (Wednesday, 3 March, 3:00 pm EST)
- PCIMG COM-HPC – New Open Standard for High-Performance Compute Modules (Wednesday, 3 March, 7:15 pm EST)
- High-Speed Interconnect For Embedded Applications (Thursday, 4 March, 12:00 pm EST)
- PCIe Over Fiber Solutions For Embedded Computing Applications (Thursday, 4 March, 5:20 pm EST)
- PCIMG COM-HPC – New Open Standard for High-Performance Compute Modules (Friday, 5 March, 7:00 am EST)
- Sensors to Servers: PICMG and Samtec Advance Embedded Open Systems (Friday, 5 March, 2:00 pm EST)
For a complete list of Samtec Round Tables, Webinars, and Forums, and registration links, select “Samtec” in the EXCLUSIVE Exhibitor list at the top of Exhibitor List page (see the image below, but please be patient while it loads!).
THIRD is all of the other products that certified to or compliant with a variety of embedded computing industry standards. This includes PICMG, VITA, PC/104, SFF-SIG, PISMO, and Coaxpress, among others. Click here for a list of Samtec connectors for embedded computing applications.
BONUS REASON! Fourth is free tickets from Samtec. Click here to receive a voucher code for a free ticket to EWD.
Other links that may be of interest, about standards, embedded computing, connectors and in particular the COM-HPC connector, etc.: