TIGER EYE™ CONTACT
The connector systems incorporate the Tiger Eye™ contact. Tiger Eye is a rugged contact for micro pitch interconnects; it is ideal for high reliability and high mating cycle applications.
The contact mating surface is on the flat, smooth side of each finger. Smooth surfaces allow more mating cycles because it does not stress the plating. This provides lower contact resistance and longer plating life.
The base metal of Tiger Eye is heat-treated Beryllium Copper. The superior spring properties of Beryllium Copper make it ideal for high mating cycle applications. Once formed and hardened, BeCu will retain its shape under a wide variety of conditions.
Available in a choice of socket (FFSD Series) and terminal (FFMD Series) terminations, the cable assembly is an exceptionally low .200” (5.08 mm) profile. They are available in a wide variety of design and wiring configurations, including optional strain relief, daisy chain, reverse wiring, and they are available in both components and assemblies.
Samtec is the service leader in the connector industry. Examples include:
- World Direct: An innovative program that allows even faster delivery of Samtec interconnects, without increased shipping costs.
- Sudden Service™: Industry-leading lead times, 24 hour samples, Supply Chain Support, online tools
Lead times one most Samtec products are measured in days, not weeks.
Other links that may be of interest include:
- .050″ (1.27 mm) Pitch IDC Systems Overview
- Micro Rugged Application Design Guide
- Micro Discrete Wire Application Design Guide
- Samtec Tiger Eye Products Overview Page
- Solutionator® Online Parametric Search Tool
- Samtec Worldwide Footprint