Since I was a kid, I’ve always been a fan of technology making life better. When I was 8, I remember programming the VCR to record the morning cartoons so I wouldn’t miss the good ones after the bus picked me up from school. When I was 10, I made mixtapes of my favorite songs from the radio and listened to them on my Walkman.
When I was 12, I started toying with computers, playing games, learning how to type, and even writing short stories for school. When I was 16, I was the kid who helped the teachers with the computers in the early days of PCs. By the time I was 19, I was building websites, learning how to code, using the Internet to talk to friends, do research, trade stocks, and more.
It’s amazing, just in the last 20 years what I’ve experienced, and how technology is now changing those same experiences for the better.
Recently I had the opportunity to purchase a car through Carvana, a fully online car dealership. I’ve always loved the concept ever since I saw their commercials a few years ago. The idea is they eliminate everything people hate about car buying and enhance everything they love about it, and they did just that. From beginning to end, it was a stellar experience.
From the website search process, to financing, making my down payment, getting insurance, picking up the car, doing registration paperwork, and even solving a few small issues along the way, it was an excellent process, and something I’d highly recommend. It saved me dozens of hours and a whole lot of mental anguish.
Carvana took what used to be a chore of a process for most people that was filled with high pressure sales, endless visits to car lots, and overall a poor experience, to making it simple, pleasant, easy, and enjoyable. Hats off to them.
Our goal with Samtec.com is to provide that same simple, easy, and enjoyable experience.
Now, I’m not saying our sales process is anything like selling cars because I firmly believe we have some of the best sales engineers in the industry. What I will say is that technology is not slowing down, and it’s also having a significant impact on our customer experience.
Just in the last few years, we have built:
- A brand new shopping Cart
- A near-complete mobile experience
- An upgraded login system
- The ability to access and pay invoices online
- A library of over 200,000 (and growing) eCAD downloads
- A visual product search
- Several 3D interactive product explorers
- A part-number enabled parametric Search (with Octopart integration)
- An upgraded sample experience
- A one-page checkout experience
- Distributor availability integration
- Far better transparency for product availability
- Upgraded pricing and quoting tools
- A full-fledge cross-reference search
- A robust video search application
- A custom high-speed cable builder
- A rich Industry Standards support section
- A rapidly evolving Development Kits section
- Dozens of rich-content pages to educate customers
- Translations in three additional languages
- And much more…
All of this adds up to what is becoming an industry-leading simple, easy, and enjoyable website experience. And we’ll never be done. We’ve got some great things in store for the rest of this year and beyond to continue to enhance the online experience for Samtec.com users. Stay tuned for those updates.
Coming Soon to Samtec.com
That’s it for now. Thanks for reading and being a Samtec customer. Here is what we’re currently working on, and a few other updates that are coming soon!
- Continued upgrades to our e-commerce experience throughout the website
- Upgraded online order management features
- Updated capabilities to manage profiles online
- Additional ways to search flex stacking products
- An updated RF Cable Builder experience
- An upgraded Part Detail page design
- An updated Series page design
Keep an eye out for these updates and more coming soon!
Drop your email address in the form below if you want to stay in the loop with these updates, and as well as the rest of our blog content.
If you have any feedback or suggestions for our web team, feel free to send an email at eHelpDesk@samtec.com.