In December, we wrapped up a number of new features to Samtec.com to round out the 2018 year, including a new way to find Samtec sales locations and distributors, a new homepage panel for our Micro Rugged products, continued mobile optimizations, and a few updates to our Industry Standards section.
Here are the major updates to Samtec.com for December 2018.
A New Way to Search Sales and Distributor Locations
Recently, we updated the way you can search for sales locations and distributors on Samtec.com. With dozens of sales locations worldwide, hundreds of sales contacts, and distributors abound, this was an important step for the website.
The old page was a long scroller without many ways to sort through the data. The new page has several new features which make finding who you need to contact in your area much easier, including:
- An auto-detection feature that starts on your specific location
- An interactive map with clickable pins
- A search feature that allows you to search for different regions easily
- Simple dropdown menus that allow you to easily filter each region
- Clickable email addresses for sales contacts and links for distributors
We’ll be continuing to work on this feature over the next several weeks to improve the mapping feature as well as continue to make the information more accessible. We would be happy to hear your feedback.
Redesigned ARM Standards Page
ARM RealView Hardware Platforms are suitable for architecture and CPU evaluation, hardware and software design, and ASIC emulation. They are designed to provide value to customers in a number of ways:
- Early access to the latest ARM IP, including processors, AMBA interfaces, and PrimeCell blocks
- Faster time to market achieved by fast software development early in the development cycle
- Risk reduction in ASIC designs by prototyping custom hardware in FPGAs and connecting it to real processors and peripherals
- Fast environment for application development for a number of operating systems
Check out the new experience for ARM industry standard products here: https://www.samtec.com/standards/arm
New Homepage Panel for Micro Rugged
In December, we rolled out a new homepage panel to promote our Micro Rugged products. This panel will be seen 50% of the time in rotation with other homepage content, keeping the Samtec.com homepage visually appealing, light, and fast.
This panel links to a new content experience for Micro Rugged products as well. More coming on this in an upcoming blog post.
New Bulls Eye® Product Literature
The high-density array designs and advanced cabling solutions within Samtec’s Bulls Eye® product family enable optimized performance, now to 65 GHz. Compression interface, small footprint and high cycle count make Bulls Eye® ideal for high-performance test applications.
Check our our new literature piece for this family that was just launched on the website.
Coming Soon to Samtec.com
That does it for the major web updates in December 2018.
Here is what we’re currently working on, and a few other updates that are coming soon!
- An improved experience for watching product videos on Samtec.com
- An updated login process across all of Samtec.com
- Easier access to eCAD files on Product Pages
- Updates to our High Speed Cable Builder
- Continued upgrades to our e-commerce experience across the website
Keep an eye out for these updates and more in 2019!
Drop your email address in the form below if you want to stay in the loop with these updates, and as well as the rest of our blog content.
with these updates, and as well as the rest of our blog content.
If you have any feedback or suggestions for our web team, feel free to send them an email at eHelpDesk@samtec.com.