As was discussed briefly in Part 1, Industry Standards play a big role at Samtec. In addition to offering technical credibility and innovation, many of the standards we work with drive our current and future product designs forward. Take, for example, the three aforementioned standards…
As members of both the Technical Work Group & Marketing Group, Samtec has taken a large role in PC/104 over the years. As one of the oldest and most recognized Embedded Computing Standards, PC/104 has always held down a broad rugged niche spanning industrial, commercial, and military spaces.
- V42 – XMC: This updated standard is reflected in our lines of preferred connectors. This is also available for ANSI publication.
- V57 – FMC: Boasting some of the largest activity in VITA’s recent history, we implement this standard in crossing-over to the FPGA-development market.
- V57.4 – FMC+: This is the next-gen 28Gbps update to the original FMC. It has a customized, backward-
compatible SEARAY™ that allows older mezzanines to mate to the new carrier cards. Soon to be published.
- V57.5 – FMC+ Physical Development Tools: Samtec is driving this Study Group to define Loopback Cards and cable jumpers for FMC+ platform development.
- V74 – VNX: This nano-scale VPX-based backplane system caters to the unmanned vehicle market. We are planning to add RF & optical connectors to complement our SEARAY™ R/A at the heart of the systems.
Samtec is the primary supplier for this Standards group. Nexus 5001™ focuses efforts on an embedded processor debug interface standard for embedded control applications. They provide many test, R&D, and debug solutions for the semiconductor & automotive markets.
A Wide Family of Standards
In addition, Samtec supports a wide variety of other standards including:
- Next Gen Cable: This is an Enterprise-class cable group working to define a new I/O system that will include both copper & optic solutions. Based on Molex’s SAS products, this is nearing completion. Samtec joined with an interest in the optical smart cables.
- OCuLink: This is a Mobility-class cable group working to define new internal and I/O systems that will include both copper & optic solutions. Based on Molex’s Mini-SAS products, this is also nearing completion. Again, Samtec joined with an interest in the optical smart cables.
- USB – Membership is required for Samtec to sell USB interconnects.
By expanding our standards body, we can offer a wider variety of connector solutions, as well as use these communities to network and expand interest. All of this is accomplished while maintaining technical credibility from Industry Standard committees.
To see all Industry Standards Samtec participates in as well as supported products, visit the following link below:
For additional information and support, please contact our Industry Standards professionals.