As with many things, nothing stays the same; especially in the world of technology. Samtec continues to improve and refine its offerings with Glass Core Technology (GCT), and with that there is also a need to update the materials surrounding it.
Tell me more
Through Glass Vias (TGV), Redistribution Layer (RDL), and Microchannels and vias all play a part in Samtec’s ability to provide customers with GCT allowing miniaturized designs and increasing performance. Below are the current capabilities in these areas that Samtec showcases in the video.
- 300 µm thick glass is typical
- TGVs with 10:1 aspect ration
- Tapered and cylindrical TGV profiles
- 1 – 2 metal layers per side
- 1 – 4 µm copper thickness
- 1 – 8 µm polyimide thickness
Microchannels and Via Capabilities
- Lab-on-chip application design
- Fluidic structures for electronic cooling
- Microfluidic structures for biomedical devices
What can we do with that?
Because Samtec is proficient in these capabilities it enables development expertise in Glass Core Packaging and Glass Core Fan-Out Wafer Level Packing. Microchannels and via capabilities allow for microfluidic mixing, lab-on-chip, electrophoresis, MicroTAS, and DNA analysis for biomedical; RF MEMS; Optics, Imaging, and Photonics; 2.5D and 3D Packaging; and Optoelectronics.