OCP Tech Week 2020
November 9, 2020 @ 8:00 am – November 13, 2020 @ 5:00 pm
Submer and Samtec Join Teams
Submer’s Scott Noteboom, CTO, will lead a presentation for discussing a Reference Design proposal for an OCP Blind-mate Network Backplane.
Part of this proposal utilizes the ExaMAX cable backplane for blind mating server blades in an immersion cooled environment.
This presentation will take place on November 12, 2020 from 1:00 P.M. – 1:25 P.M. PST.
To register for this presentation please click here.
What is Going on at OCP?
OCP is providing this virtual forum to share the following with you:
- A look back at our 2019/2020 Key Accomplishments and Strategic Actions
- A sneak peak at our 2021 Technology Initiatives (from our Community’s perspective) and how OCP will address
these future trends
- Announcements on new Contributions Requirements and changes to Recognition Programs for Facilities/Products
- High level snapshot of all the current active OCP Projects
- Technical deep dives and plenty of time for interactive discussions on current Project activity
- These sessions are not meant to be introductory in nature but progressive
- Our volunteer leaders and key contributors are looking for feedback and will be facilitating real-time decisions
during the sessions
- Emphasis is on cross collaboration across projects and other industry organizations.
Samtec and Immersion Cooling
Samtec is continuing to explore and support our customers and partners in immersion cooled applications.
As part of this support, Samtec is testing several series in an immersion cooled environment and comparing those results to a connector operating in an air cooled environment. So far, the results are beating expectations in in Current Carrying Capacity and Dielectric Withstanding Voltage.
To attend OCP and hear Scott’s presentation please make sure to register here.