Designing PCBs used to be easy. Typically PCBs only had a few components. They usually only had one or two layers. Data rates were a few Kbps or Mbps. Like The Right Stuff, Richard Dean Anderson’s MacGyver and Tang, these are concepts only understood by engineers of a certain era.
What about today? PCB Designers and Layout Engineers face a growing number of design challenges. Data rates seem to get faster by the day. PCB design teams span the globe. Increased product functionality and ever denser designs demand collaborative engineering across multiple disciplines like mechanical, electrical, thermal, industrial and SI/PI.
Mentor User2User 2017 PADS Events
Samtec will be partnering with Mentor on the upcoming User2User 2017 PADS Events. PADS User Group meetings are a great opportunity to share best practices, connect with other PADS customers, and hear from technical experts.
Designed to fit into your busy schedule, these FREE one-day conferences provide the tips and tricks needed to face and overcome any number of design challenges. Several interesting and applicable topics will be presented:
- Tips & Tricks to Increase Productivity Across the PADS Flow
- How to Control and Route Critical Traces & Differential Pairs More Effectively
- The Importance of 3D & Mechanical Integration
- Accelerating Library Development (Create a More Robust & Fully Qualified Part Faster!)
- Increasing Design Quality through Simulation & Analysis
- PADS Update, Direction, and Roadmap
Enabling PCB Design and Layout from DC to 56 Gbps
PCB design and layout design requirements grow as high-speed serial channel data rates become faster. Optimized channel performance demands access to the latest tools, resources, and service in current and next generation data rates.
Samtec will present the course entitled Enabling PCB Design and Layout from DC to 56 Gbps. This course will review the evolution of high data rate serial channels while highlighting an ecosystem of design support (PCB Footprints, 3D Models, etc.) available from Samtec for PCB designers and layout engineers.
Samtec will be at the following events:
- Mentor® User2User PADS Event Toronto
- Mentor® User2User PADS Event Ottawa
- Mentor® User2User PADS Event Montreal
For more information, please visit the event website.